Thursday, May 19, 2016

Hola Mi Familia (her quick email to let us know she arrived at the MTC)

Hola! I am here in Columbia.  I will not lie, I have never felt so broken or alone while I was in the airport in Dallas.  I said a prayer that Heavenly Father would put someone next to me on the plane that would want to talk to me too so that I would feel better.  He obviously has a sense of humor.  I sat next to one person and he was deaf! LOL.  But he was so kind!  We texted on his phone the entire and I learned a ton about him.  It definitely helped calm my nerves.  When I got to Atlanta I met up with lots of other missionaries.  I watched "The Good Dinosaur" on the plane and that was a bad idea because its all about him missing his family.  The Columbia airport is crazy.  I have never seen anything like it!!!  When I got to the MTC I got my companion.  Her name is Hermana Shaw and she is amazing.  She is already becoming one of my best friends.  I love her!  We are in a room with two other girls from Venezuela that are super cool.  Now today we have been learning tons of Spanish   I had an interview with the MTC President and I love him.  We already have an amazing connection.  My Spanish is already coming along pretty well.  I can now have a simple conversation and actually understand the Latin's.  I have a name tag now and I love that.  The food is interesting.  So far I hate rice pudding, the eggs, the hot chocolate, and the soup.  But I like the bread, rice and chicken, 7Up, and orange juice.  I love it here!  I am so happy!  I miss you like crazy but do not worry - I am doing well.  I love you!  Adios!

 
 
Hailee flew out of Dallas on May 10, 2016 on Delta flight 1710 at 12:15, arriving in Atlanta at 3:33.  She then took Delta flight 981 out of Atlanta at 5:43 arriving in Bogota, Colombia at 9:36 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment