Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The Lord Protects His Missionaries

Well this has been one of the most interesting weeks of my mission I think you could say, haha! Saturday night Hermana Sandoval and I were heading to a charla and ended up just waiting outside for about a minute because he was with his son and his son does not like the Mormons so we just figured it was better to hangout for a minute. Well we saw a motorcycle with 2 guys on it and it looked like they were going to come into the house because the gate was open so we did not get nervous at all. Well I turned around and felt something cold on my head and turns out it was a gun. Well that was a feeling I have never experienced before. He told me to give him my bag so I quickly did and then he did the same to my comp and they left fast. We called the police and got to ride in the back of the police car with lights which is not something I never expected to happen in my mission, haha! We had to give a report and then they took us home. Sadly I did lose my camera which is a sad loss but we are okay. The ward is being super helpful and will have members to walk or drive us home every night so I think this experience happened for a reason as we can now see our bishop and our ward supporting us in ways they never have before. 


This week Julio also dropped down to 22 cigarettes!!!!!! He and his two nieces have baptismal dates for the 20th of May which is super super exciting!!! He is just amazing. I have never had an investigator in my mission that is so willing to change and is trying so hard to find the love of God in his life. I am so so grateful to know him.

This week we also had a NDH with the familia Pereira. These are the ones that have been inactive for 6 years and he was a bishop. We decided to try the approach of the Book of Mormon and that did not turn out well. The mom has completely lost her testimony of the BOM and her son never had one. It was the weirdest thing - I just started to cry, It hurt me so much that they could not see this truth anymore due to anti doctrine. The mom then told us that she did not believe in God anymore but wants to so we are going to really try and gain this testimony back. If anyone has any ideas we would love to hear :)

It has been a great week all in all. The Lord protects his missionaries. More than that all of your prayers protect the missionaries. Thank you. I love you all and hope you have a great week.

With all my love,
Hermana Labrum

******note from Mom (SO HAILEE WAS ALLOWED TO CALL HOME AFTER THIS HAPPENED. HER MISSION PRESIDENT WANTED US TO HEAR IT FROM HER DIRECTLY AND NOT THROUGH AN EMAIL. FOR THAT I WAS SO GRATEFUL! WE ONLY HAD ABOUT 2 MINUTES TO TALK BUT SHE REASSURED US THAT SHE WAS OK. SHE LOST HER CAMERA, MEMORY CARD OF ALL HER PICTURES, AND HER SPANISH SCRIPTURES. I WAS SO IMPRESSED THAT HER MISSION PRESIDENT AND HIS WIFE WENT OUT TO SEE THE GIRLS AND CHECK ON THEM. WE ARE SO INCREDIBLY GRATEFUL THAT NO ONE WAS HURT AND THAT THEY WERE BEING WATCHED OVER!!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment