Thursday, August 4, 2016

Se Va Pando

Well the week of cambios has come and I will not lie, I am absolutely heartbroken...and happy. I can not explain it, haha. But I am definitely not your normal typical first missionary. I have a new trainer! I am on my way to Maldeñado to open a new part of the mission. The area had elders about 8 months ago and Hermana Guth and I are reopening it. She is from Brazil and this is her final 6 weeks in the mission. I will not lie, I am so sad to leave Pando and my friends here but I am trusting in the Lord.
 
This week we had a red alert!!! This is the first time this has happened here in at least 7 months which is when the weather gets so bad we have to go home. Well we got to run through this storm for about 30 minutes because we were so far out and it was awesome haha!!

This week I was with my investigators Elana and Felipe and they told me about this hidden village about 20 minutes from there. Well of course I wanted to find it. Pictured below you will see me crossing a river. Yes this is missionary work to the extreme. I crossed a river and hiked through a forest for 20 minutes and found a village. Well the first two people I talked to became investigators! I have my sweet Maria (the one on the bike below) and Alejandra. They live in an extremeley humble area and it was amazing. I cried for about an hour, but man I love the mission. They are keeping commitments and I have big hopes for them in the future with the new missionaries here.

We got to go to the temple today which was of course amazing. I have just had a great week. I loved the mission everyday. I love finding these amazing people and learning so much from them. Ether 12:4: Remember to anchor our faith in Jesus Christ. We can literaly do anything if we put our trust in the Lord and remember what He has done for us. 

Tomorrow morning I get on a bus to Maldeñado to start over. I have realized it does not matter where I am because my Heavenly Father is in charge and is sending me where I need to be right now. I love you so so much. Thank you for the love and support.

Le quiero,
Hermana Labrum












No comments:

Post a Comment